How To Cross Lace An Hourglass Corset
Step-by-Step Pictures at the Bottom!
Note: Unlike V-shaped corsets, hourglass corsets are laced off the body.
• First find the center of your grommets from top to bottom and mark off these 4 grommets (2 on each side). Thread lacing straight across the bottom. Feed your left lace through the back of the bottom-left grommet and the the right lace through the back of the bottom-right grommet. Pull your lacing through until you have about the same length of lacing on both sides.
• Take the left lace and cross it over to the right side, then skip 1 grommet and cross under to the left side, skip 1 grommet over to the right, skip 1 under to the left, etc until you get to the center place you marked. At this point create a large loop by threading out of the first marked grommet and then back into the next grommet on the same side. Continue the lacing pattern in the opposite direction until you reach the top. As the picture shows, your laces will be threading outside to inside.
• Now take the right lace and cross it over to the left side, then under to the right side, over left, under right, filling in the open grommets. Create another large loop by threading out of the first marked grommet and then back into the next grommet on the same side. Continue the lacing pattern in the opposite direction until you reach the top.
• To finish the lacing off, tie a knot in the lacing at the top of the corset. Tighten the laces working from the top to the middle and bottom to the middle, pulling all the excess lacing into your two loops.
• To put on, open riveted busk and pull corset halves to loosen the laces. Wrap around your body, hook the rivets, tighten to your liking, readjust your bust and tighten again. You can tie your laces behind your back or wrap it around you waist and tie in front.